Honor Code, Inc.
NarcosisPressure Kills | La Pression Tue
Survival, horror at the sunless depths of the Pacific Ocean. Stranded on the seafloor with low light and few tools, an industrial diver takes desperate steps to surface before his oxygen — and sanity — give out.
The debut effort of Franco-Californian collective Honor Code, Narcosis was conceived in 2011 at the prestigious French videogame school ENJMIN. Narcosis debuts on multiple platforms this winter.
GameTrailers GDC impressions
A Taste of Narcosis YouTube
GameTrailers interview YouTube
Awards & Recognition
- "SXSW Gamer's Voice Nominee" Austin,TX - 2015
- "Nominee (Console/PC Hardcore)" Game Connection Development Awards - 2014
- "Honorable Mention (Student Competition)" IGF (SF, USA) - 2013
- "It’s a fascinating project so far ... and the tension it generates is impressive."
-Philippa Warr, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The developers call it a walking coffin and after a few minutes of play time using the Oculus Rift I understand why."
-Brian Crecente, Polygon
- "...c'est une belle surprise immersive que nous livre le studio Honor Code."
- "The Oculus Rift is no stranger to horror games, but Narcosis is the best-looking of its breed I’ve played."
-Tim Turi, Game Informer
- "Drowning in 3D can be fun! The horror of Narcosis is amplified by the Oculus Rift."
-Ian Hinck, Game Trailers
- "Honor Code wants an immersive experience, one that will bring very real world fears to life."
-Ozzie Mejia, Shacknews
- "There’s no need to invent the horrors that lie under the ocean, in fact. What’s there in real life is intense enough, as Narcosis shows"
- "They told me the demo wasn't too scary, but I just about panicked anyway."
-Miranda Sanchez, IGN
- "I expected a big jump scare, but Honor Code's more subtle route really impressed me and helped sustain the tension moving forward."
-Tim Turi, Game Informer
- "In a situation and setting like this, there’s no good or evil, just a bunch of life forms all trying to survive—our protagonist included."
-Evan Shamoon, Unity
- "‘Narcosis’ is set to be a tense, thrilling and really quite scary game that offers you a glimpse in to the realm of the deep sea in a way that ensures you’re always on the edge of your seat."
-Sep Gohardani, Only Single Player
- "An hour of wandering through sea caves as murderous cuttlefish tried to latch onto my face might be enough to break me."
-Zack Furniss, Destructoid
- "It’s a new take on horror, and one that completely immerses you in an experience that was designed to make the most of early VR technology."
-John Gaudiosi, Fortune
- "The grim narration ultimately enhances the game’s atmosphere with creepy descriptions and unnerving foreshadowing."
-Geoff Thew, Hardcore Gamer
Emerick Aussignac / @Khan_amil
David Chen / @chenvy
Quentin De Beukelaer / @QuentDeBeuk
Benjamin Perrot / @benjperrot
Hanna Woo / @_hanneria